1 Red Wine Hot Chocolate Fudge
- 453g dark chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp red wine
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon powder
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 can of condensed milk
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili peppers
- 1/4 tsp salt
- In a microwave safe bowl add condensed milk, chocolate chips and mix well. Microwave the mixture for 1 minute on high temperature.
- Remove from the oven and add salt, red wine, cinnamon, red chili peppers and vanilla extract and beat till well combined. Again microwave for 30 seconds. The chocolate would be melted and would have a thick cake batter consistency. (If there is still time. Microwave for another 30 seconds)
- Line the baking tin with parchment paper.
- Transfer the batter into the tin, smooth it out with a spatula and refrigerate until it is set.
- Once the fudge has completely set and hardened, cut square pieces with a warm knife. Repeat the process as you cut the rest.
Red Wine Chocolate Cupcake
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Red wine
- 3/4 cup dark cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 225g softened cream cheese
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp Red wine
- 4 drops food coloring , red
- 1/4 cup melted chocolate for decorating
- 1/4 cup Red wine
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- With a help of an electric hand mixer, whisk together flour, sugar, salt, cocoa powder, baking powder, and baking soda until well combined. Pour in milk, wine, vegetable oil, eggs, and vanilla. Beat well for two minutes on a medium speed until it forms a smooth batter. Scoop 1/3 into cupcake liners.
- Bake for 17-18 minutes in a pre-heated oven 180 degrees. Let them cool completely. Cut holes in the center for the filling.
- Pour cream in a saucepan heat to boiling. Remove from heat.
- Add the chocolate chips and wine and whisk until smooth. Let it cool and spoon the filling into the cupcake.
- In a bowl, combine cream cheese and powdered sugar and beat until smooth. Add wine, cream, vanilla and food coloring (optional) and beat until it forms soft peaks. Pipe the frosting onto the cupcakes or drizzle the melted chocolate to decorate.
3 Red Wine Hot Chocolate
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chunks
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- Coconut whipped cream (Optional)
- In a medium pan, combine chocolate chips and milk. Stir constantly until the ingredients are blended and form a creamy chocolate flavoured milk.
- Add in wine into chocolate milk and heat until the liquid is very hot.
- Pour into the mugs and top with coconut whipped cream.
4 Red Wine Berry Spritzer
- 3 parts Mixed Berry Sparkling Water
- 1 part red wine
- Frozen Blueberries or Raspberries
- In a Jug, combine Red Wine and Sparkling Water.
- Pour the spritzer into the glass and add ice. Top this with Blueberries or Raspberries and beat the heat with this refreshing drink.
5 Slow Cooker Cranberry-Orange Mulled Wine
- 1 bottle fruity red wine
- 1/2 cup brandy
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 3-inch cinnamon sticks
- 1 cup cranberries
- 1 medium orange
- 2 tbsp whole cloves
- orange slices, cinnamon sticks, and/or fresh cranberries threaded for garnish
- In a larger crock pot, add sugar, wine, orange juice and cranberries. Stir to help sugar begin to dissolve.
- Add the clove, orange slices, and cinnamon sticks to the crock pot.
- Cook for 2 – 3 hours on low heat, (Can cook it for an hour, but don’t boil)
- Carefully remove mixture and pour mulled wine into it. Press the cranberries with a spoon, to get all of the juices out.
- Now pour brandy into the mixture and stir.
- Transfer into the mugs and finish with you desired garnish-an orange slice, cinnamon stick or fresh cranberries.
6 Citrus-Scented Wine Cake with fresh Berries
- 4 Eggs
- 1 1/2 cups plain Flour
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Orange zest
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp Lemon zest
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 Pt. fresh berries
- 1/4 tsp salt
- In a large bowl, whisk baking powder, salt and flour together. In a separate bowl, mix wine, oil, orange juice, orange and lemon zests. Stir to combine well.
- In an electric mixer, add eggs and sugar and beat until it’s pale and tripled in volume. Pour some part of the flour mixture and beat until blended. Put the remaining mixture and mix until it forms a smooth batter.
- Butter and dust the baking pan and pour the batter into the pan. Let the mixture set on the sheet.
- Bake 50 minutes in a pre-heated oven (350°F). Cool 10 to 15 minutes, then remove the pan and dust with sugar and finish with fresh berries.
7 Red Wine Popsicles
- 1 1/4 cups red wine
- 1/4 cup filtered water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 cups lemon-lime soda
- 2 tablespoons lime Juice
- In a small pan, combine water and sugar. Heat the pan until sugar and water combines to form syrup.
- Remove from the heat and add lime juice. Keep it aside to cool completely.
- Mix wine and soda in a jug together and stir well. Pour in lime syrup and mix.
- Take Popsicle mold slots and pour in the mixture, leave a little space for popsicles to expand.
- Refrigerate for a good 5 hours, or more as per your preference.
- To remove the Popsicle from the mold run it under warm water and gently remove. Use a wax paper to wrap all the popsicles to store in an air-tight container.
- Enjoy the boozy, chilled treat!
8 White Wine Spritzer
- 1 bottle White wine
- 2 cups cubed watermelon
- club soda
- 1 tbsp agave nectar
- Blend together watermelon chunks and the agave nectar in a mixer until smooth. (Can strain through a cloth if desired)
- Transfer the watermelon mixture (approx ¼) into the glasses
- Pour equal parts of club soda and white wine and stir.
9 Peach and Strawberry Wine Slush
- 1.5 cups wine
- 2.5 cups frozen peaches
- 2.5 cups frozen strawberries
- Blend together frozen strawberries with 3/4 cup Wine. Pulse in a mixer until well combined. Add more wine if you want a thinner consistency.
- Clean the processor to remove residue. Repeat the same with peaches.
- Mix both and enjoy!
10 Greek Pasta Salad with Red Wine
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2/3 cup sliced red onions
- 3/4 cup diced green peppers
- 2 1/2 cup sun cooked pasta
- 15 cherry tomatoes
- 3/4 cup sliced olives
- 1 cup diced cucumbers
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp sugar
- On a medium heat boil water in a pot and add some salt. Add pasta and cook till it’s perfectly done. Strain the pasta and keep it aside.
- In a bowl pour red wine vinegar, minced garlic, oregano, sugar, and lemon juice. Mix well, while you are mixing rest of the ingredients add the olive oil. Sprinkle some salt and pepper, to taste.
- Transfer the pasta to the serving bowl and add in the feta cheese, tomatoes, red onions, cucumbers, olives, and green peppers.
- Add the vinaigrette to the pasta, with a spoon gently mix it together, cover the salad with a plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight. Serve at room temperature.
11 Red Wine Sangria
- 1 bottle dry red wine
- ½ cup brandy
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1 whole sliced apple
- 1 whole sliced orange
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- ¼ cup water
- Heat sugar and water together and bring to a boil. Cook till sugar is completely dissolved. Remove from the heat and keep it aside.
- In a large pitcher, add brandy, red wine, oranges, apples strawberries and pomegranate juice.
- Refrigerate the syrup for at least 2-3 hours.
12 Frozen Grapes Marinated in Wine
- 3 cup red grapes, removed from stems
- 1-2 cup red wine
- 3 tbsp sugar
- In a bowl, place the fruit and pour wine. Marinate it for about 12 hours or more.
- Drain the mixture, toss in sugar and freeze 2 hours.
13 Raspberry Red Wine Slushy with Chocolate Whipped Cream
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 cup ice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- In a mixer blend the frozen raspberries, wine, and sugar for 30-40 seconds. Strain pulp to remove the seeds. Add one cup of ice to the mixture and blend. Transfer it to a bowl and refrigerate it.
- For the chocolate whipped cream
- In an electric mixer beat the cocoa powder, heavy cream, and sugar until thick.
- Serve the slushy by topping it with a whipped cream.
14 Spiced Red Wine Poached Pear
- 2 firm, ripe pears
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 3 cups dry red wine
- 1 long strip orange peel
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 whole cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons mascarpone cheese
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- In a saucepan, combine orange juice, wine, sugar, orange peel, cloves and cinnamon stick. Bring it to boil and simmer 5-6 minutes.
- Carefully peel the pears, keeping the stem intact and not bruising it. Now cut a small portion from the bottom to make a flat bottom.
- Slowly place the pear into the wine liquid. Low the heat and simmer for 25-30 minutes. Every 5 minutes, turn the pear so that it gets an even color. (Pears should be still firm but cooked). Let it cool and turn the pear occasionally so that it gets even color.
- When the pears are cool, refrigerate for about 5 hours even 24 hours, keep turning occasionally.
- In a small, bowl combine mascarpone, cream, vanilla extracts and sugar. Beat for about 5-7 minutes until thick and creamy. Keep it aside.
- Place the pear on serving plate. In a saucepan strain the liquid. Cook it over a medium heat bringing it to a boil, and cook until the quantity is reduced to half. The liquid would have a syrupy consistency. Let it cool for 15 min. Serve pears with the Whipped Cream and pour the sauce for garnish. .
15 Red Wine Chocolate Sauce
- Vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup of red wine
- 1 cinnamon stick
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 star anise
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 cups bittersweet chocolate, chopped or chips
- In a saucepan simmer sugar salt wine, spices for 5-6 minutes. Remove from the heat and whisk the chocolate.
- Drizzle over ice cream. Enjoy the yummy treat!
16 Peach Wine Slushies
- 2-3 medium peaches
- 2 cups cold fruity white wine
- Sliced peaches for garnish
- Combine the wine and peaches in a blender and pulse smooth.
- If it’s liquefied or warm, freeze it to get a slushy texture.
- Remove the slush 15 minutes before serving.
17 Garlic Butter White Wine Pasta with Herbs
- 2 chopped shallots
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 40g (2 cups) fresh herbs
- 300g dry spaghetti
- 100g (1 cup) crusty bread
- 4-8 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Chili flakes, grated lemon zest, watercress, and parmesan cheese to serve
- In a large pot, boil water and add salt and cook the pasta till it’s perfectly done.
- Use one tbsp of olive oil to roast bread to make breadcrumbs. This will take about 5-10 minutes. Add finely chopped herbs to the breadcrumbs so as to prevent it from getting over-moist.
- In a frying pan, heat 2 tbsp oil, add shallots, and sauté for a minute. Then add chili flakes and garlic and sauté for a couple of minutes. Deglaze the mixture by adding the white wine, add the bay leaf and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Transfer chicken stock and cook for good 5 minutes. (If sauce seems too dry, add more stock). Remove from the heat, mix in the butter and generous amount of cream and season with salt and pepper. (Add more cream is it seems too dry).
- Add the pasta in the sauce, give a good stir, and top with parmesan cheese, finely grated lemon zest, breadcrumbs, and extra chili. Bon Appetite!
18 Red Wine Ice Cream
- 4 egg yolks
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 bottle of red wine
- 1 vanilla bean
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup half and half (a blend of equal parts light cream and whole milk)
- In a large pot, pour a bottle of red wine and cook for 50-60 minute on low-medium heat till the wine is reduced to one cup. Once the wine is reduced. Keep aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together the whipping cream and brown sugar. With a knife scrape out that beautiful vanilla caviar from vanilla bean and toss into the pot. Stir the mixture between intervals.
- With a mixer beat egg yolks until they are light colored and creamy. Add the cream to the mixture gently so as not to curdle it. (Remove the vanilla bean pod before adding).
- Once the mixture is well combined, transfer it into a pot and cook until thickened. Remove it from heat.
- Strain the mixture into a large bowl. Stir the wine that has been condensed and also the half and half.
- Put the mixture in the fridge for 1-2 hour until cold and add the ice cream maker and freeze for a few hours.
19 Dark Chocolate Red Wine Truffles
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 226 grams roughly chopped chocolate
- 1/4 tsp espresso powder
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons dry red wine
- 2 tsp sugar powdered sugar shaker
- Cocoa powder, for dusting
- In a large mixing bowl, place chopped chocolate. On a medium-high heat, heat the cream just until it boils. Pour the hot cream into the bowl with chocolate, add wine, espresso powder powdered sugar, and vanilla, whisk the mixture gently until the chocolate is melted and smooth. Use a double boiler if the chocolate hasn’t melted. Cover the bowl and refrigerate. Let it set for 1-2 hours.
- Line the baking tray with wax paper and scoop the mixture to the size of melon balls and make small ball shape and roll them in cocoa powder. Now arrange it on the baking tray. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to set.
20 White Wine Ice Cream
- 1 1/4 Heavy Whipping Cream
- 3 tbsp of Super Fine Sugar
- 3/4 cup of white wine, sweet
- Chocolate or Berries for garnish
- In a mixing bowl, pour the wine and gradually add sugar and mix until combined well.
- Add the cream to the wine mixture and give it a good whisk. The mixture will1 thicken.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl and cover. Refrigerate for 4-5 hours.
- Try on these boozy recipes and impress your guest next time they are home.