Bored of eating toasts and sandwiches in breakfast? But still want a light and healthy breakfast. Let’s try something new with your every time favorite bread which is not only loved by you but also by children, friends, and family.
Here are 20 dishes that one can make from bread at home anytime, in breakfast, snacks and even in deserts too, within minutes.
1 Bread Bhurji
It is a modulation of white bread cooked in onion paste with spices. It can be made with egg or without egg. A tasty, healthy breakfast prepared in just 15 minutes.So, here is the recipe :
Ingredients we need:
- 1 pack of fresh white bread slices
- 2 tbsp curd
- 2 tsp butter
- ¼ tsp chat masala powder
- ½ cumin powder, red chili powder, turmeric powder
- 1 onion chopped
- ½ tbsp. mustard seeds
- 2-3 cloves garlic chopped thinly
- Some green chilies
- Few curry leaves and coriander leaves
- Salt to taste
- Trim the edges of bread and cut them into small pieces.
- Melt the butter and put mustard seeds and curry leaves.
- Cook them till seeds get spilt and then add ginger, garlic, and green chilies.
- Cook them for a few seconds and then add chopped onions and bread pieces.
- Add curd and stir it and then add ½ cup water.
- Add spices and salt and cook over medium heat for 3-5 minutes.
- When the bhurji appears light brown in color, then garnish it with coriander
- Mix then well and heat the bhurji for 1-2 minutes more and serve hot.
2 Bread Manchurian
An ebullient, very innovative, crunchy, and spicy snack that every Manchurian lover love to eat. This snack can be served with paneer pulao, noodles, and fried rice. So, here is its recipe:
Ingredients we require:
- A pack of white bread
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 2-3 finely chopped green chillies
- 10-12 finely chopped garlic cloves
- ½ pieces of ginger chopped finely
- ½ crumbled paneer
- 1 grated sweet corn
- 1 grated carrot
- Some chopped coriander
- Salt to taste
- 2 cups plain flour
- ½ cup rice flour
- 3 tsp soya sauce
- 3-4 tbsp vinegar
- Pinch of pepper powder
- Oil for frying Manchurian
- Tomato ketchup
- ½ tbsp garlic paste
Procedure to make:
- In a bowl, grind bread slices with water into a paste.
- Add all ingredients and mix them well with the paste.
- In a pan, add oil for frying.
- While oil heats, prepare batter. Prepare small round balls of bread mixture.
- Put the small balls in the oil and fry them on low flame till their color becomes golden brown.
- In another pan, add the fried bread Manchurians balls. Then add sauce and mix them evenly.
- Sprinkle some pepper powder to make Manchurians more tasty and spicy and serve them hot.
3 Shahi Tukda
If you are fond of eating sweets, then you will absolutely love this Hyderabadi dish. It is a royal piece of desert. It is rich in calories, flavors, aroma, and taste. It is also known as “Double Ka Meetha.”
- Some white bread slices
- ½ cup ghee
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup sugar
- Crushed black cardamoms
- Some saffron strands
- 3 cup milk
- 2 pinches of powdered green cardamom
- Some crushed cashews, pistachios, and almonds
- 2 tbsp sugar
Procedure to make:
- In a pan, add water and sugar. Then heat it till sugar dissolves.
- Once sugar is dissolved, add 6-7 saffron strands.
- Let the sugar syrup boil till it gets two string consistency. After sugar syrup becomes thick, turn off the stove and keep aside.
- In another pan, boil some milk on a medium flame till milk gets reduced to ¼ of its quantity (stirring must be continuous).
- Once milk gets reduced, add some cardamom powder, sugar, and stir continuously over heat for 5 more minutes. Then remove from heat and set aside.
- Take the bread slices, trim their edges slightly, and cut the bread into triangles or any shape as desired.
- Heat given amount of ghee in a pan and fry the bread pieces (shallow) till they become crispy and golden brown in color on both side.
- Now, soak all fried bread pieces into sugar syrup for about 1-2 minutes.
- Arrange these bread slices in a plate, pour the rabri over the slices, and garnish with the chopped dry fruits.
- Served it hot.
4 Bread Rasmalai
If there are sudden visitors at your home or if suddenly the people of your house are willing to eat something sweet, then at such time you can make “ Bread Rasmalai.” So here is the recipe:
- 4 cups full cream milk
- 1 cup condensed milk
- 2 tbsp Saffron milk
- ½ tbsp Cardamom powder
- 5 tbsp chopped pistachios, almonds, and cashews
- Some slices of white bread
Procedure to make:
- In a pan, heat the thick cream milk and stir continuously so that milk will not stick at the bottom.
- After milk is boiled, add condensed milk and stir continuously and get it to boil at low flame.
- Once a thick layer of cream is formed over milk, stick it to vessel’s sides.
- Stir continuously so that milk does not get burn.
- Repeat the collections of cream at the pan sides for atleast 3-5 minutes or till milk becomes 1/3.
- Add cardamom powder and saffron and mix them well and again boil the milk.
- Scratch all cream from sides and stir well. Allow the mixture to cool down for 2 hours.
- Now cut the bread into round shape. Dip both side of bread into the rabdi.
- Place these pieces in plates over pored rabdi in plate.
- Garnish it with chopped dry fruits and served it.
5 Bread Sushi
Sometimes children do not finish their lunch box as they are bored to see a similar meal there. “ Bread Sushi ” is healthy and tasty to eat.
- Some slices of white bread slightly trimmed from edges.
- 310 gms creamed corn
- 4 thin slices double smoked ham
- 1 small peeled and grated carrot
- 1 peeled cucumber cut into long strips
- 200 gms salmon drained in oil and flaked
- 2 tbsp whole-egg mayonnaise
- Some lettuce leaves well washed, dried, and finely shredded
- A avocado cut into long strips
- Over a flat surface, place bread slice and using a rolling pin flatter bread a little.
- Spread corn over 4 slices and top with ham, carrot, and cucumber.
- Roll up to enclose all filling. Cut each roll into 2 or 3 sandwiches.
- Place salmon and mayonnaise into a bowl and mix them well.
- Place lettuce over remaining 4 slices of bread. Top with salmon mixture and avocado.
- Roll up to enclose filling.
- Wrap all sandwiches in plastic wrap. Store them into fridge and serve them into lunches.
6 Bread Upma
It’s a South Indian style spicy snack made with bread in just 15 minutes. It can be served as breakfast or as a snack.
- Some roughly torn pieces of bread
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 tsp mustard seeds
- Some curry leaves chopped
- Chopped ginger
- Chopped garlic
- Chopped green chilies
- ½ cup chopped onions
- ½ cup chopped tomatoes
- ½ tsp turmeric powder and chili powder
- 1 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- Salt according taste
- Some chopped coriander leaves
- Heat some oil in a sauce-pan and add mustard seeds. When seeds starts crackling add curry leaves, ginger, garlic, green chilies, chopped onions, and cook them all on a medium flame for 1-3 minutes.
- Add all spices and then chopped tomatoes. After a while, add 2 tbsp of water. Mix them well and saute all for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add some tomato ketchup, lemon juice, and salt and mix them well and again cook for about 3 minutes on medium flame.
- Add torn bread pieces. Mix bread well with the mixture and cook on low flame for about 1 minute.
- Switch off the gas and add coriander leaves.
- Serve it hot.
A very tasty and easy dish prepared in just 30 minutes. It’s a healthy dish served in breakfast as well as a snacks.
- A baguette cut in half and toasted
- 2 tsp chopped garlic
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups chopped finely tomatoes
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced basil leaves
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- In a bowl, add tomatoes, garlic, basil, vinegar, olive oil, cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Mix them well and let it sit for atleast 15 minutes so that all the flavors get marinate.
- Slightly trim the bread from edges and spoon the mixture over the bread and serve it.
8 Baked Cheese & Founde
It is an amazing dish in appearance as well as in taste. No words for this dish. So, let’s directly jump into its recipe.
- A loaf of sourdough bread
- 1/3 cup butter
- 3 crushed garlic cloves
- 180 gms cream cheese
- ½ cup shredded cheddar and mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 2 beaten egg yolks
- Preheat the oven at 180°
- Cut the top off the bread and scoop out the inside bread using the bread knife.
- Cut the scooped out part of the bread into bite-size cubes.
- Melt the butter and add garlic. Brush this mixture on the bottom and inside the bread.
- Dip the bread cubes in the remaining garlic butter.
- Mix in a bowl the cream cheese, mozzarella cheese, milk, crushed garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Pour this mixture into the bread.
- Brush the top of the mixture with egg yolks and place the bread and all cubes on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes, remove all croutons, and bake until cheese melts or brown crushed is formed.
9 Bread Chaat
A delicious Indian style snack; can be served in breakfast and snack. It can be prepared within minutes. So ,here is its recipe:
- Bread slices
- Boiled potato
- Red chili powder
- Chaat masala
- Salt for taste
- Finely chopped onions
- Finely chopped onions
- Sweet chutney
- Green chutney
- In a pan, toast the bread slices till they become crispy. Then cut them into round shape using a cookie cutter.
- Again, place bread roundels on the pan till they become more crispy.
- Take some breads and cut their edges and place their edges in the pan so that they too become crispy.
- Spread the butter on the bread toasted.
- Place these bread roundels in a plate. Then slice the boiled potato and place it over the roundels.
- Sprinkle some chaat masala, chili powder, and salt on the top.
- Put some chopped onion, tomatoes, and again sprinkle some chili powder. chaat masala, and salt.
- Top it with green and sweet chutney.
- Serve it and enjoy!
10 Baked Bread Rolls
It is a yummy snack served with tea. The rainy season; a season with a craving to eat something crispy, tangy, and spicy, and this snack are one of them. So here is the recipe for it:
- Bread slices
- Boiled potato
- Salt to taste
- ½ tsp garam masala
- ½ chaat masala
- Coriander leaves chopped
- Chopped green chili
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 tsp maida
- Pre-heat the oven at 180°C
- Slightly trim the edges of bread and roll it with rolling pin.
- Now mix maida with water to form batter.
- In a bowl, add potato, paneer, chaat masala, green chili, salt, and coriander to make the stuffing.
- Now take a bread slice and keep some filling in the center.
- Put some maida batter on the side of bread slice and fold it.
- Make more rolls like this and apply ghee on all.
- Sprinkle some sesame seeds on top and bake it till it become golden brown in color.
- Serve it with ketchup or green chutney.
11 Bread Pudding
Lovely? A bread-based desert, made with stale bread, cream or milk, and egg. So here is the recipe:
- Some slice of bread, must be a day old
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- ½ cup raisins
- 4 beaten eggs
- 2 cups milk
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 tsp Ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°
- Torn the bread into small pieces and spread it into a baking plate and drizzle some melted butter.
- Spread some raisins too.
- In a bowl, mix milk, sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, and cinnamon.
- Pour the mixture over the bread and lightly pushed it down using a spoon or a fork so that bread is covered and soaked in the egg mixture.
- Bake it in the preheated oven for 45 minutes.
12 French Toast
A toast that is crispy on the outside and creamy on the inside. It is soggy and not that dry too. It has very few ingredients but still rich custard flavor. So, here is the recipe for this yummy toast:
- Some thick bread slices or can use bread loaf.
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup of milk
- ¼ tsp Ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp Ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- Salt to taste
- Beat eggs, salt, milk, spices, and vanilla well.
- Heat a griddle with some oil on it over the medium flame.
- Dip each bread slice in egg mixture from both sides.
- Place the dipped slice in pain and cook on both side till it become brown in color or golden.
- Serve hot.
13 Fairy Bread
Here comes our kid’s favorite snack, fairy bread. It can be used in kid’s birthday parties as it gets ready in 15-20 minutes.
- Some bread slices which is trimmed at edges
- Candy Sprinkles
- Spread slices of bread and apply some butter on it.
- Sprinkle with candy sprinkles.
- Cut the slices into triangles.
- And serve the kids.
14 Malai Sandwich
A veg sandwich made using malai. It can be cooked in just 15 to 20 minutes. The best dish to have for breakfast.
- Some bread slices
- 1 cup of malai
- Thinly sliced onion
- Green chilies
- Fresh coriander
- 100 gms Butter
- In a bowl, take some malai and mix it well so that it becomes smooth.
- Make a paste of coriander and green chilies and add this paste to the mixed malai.
- Put butter on both sides of bread and place some of the mixture on one bread.
- Cover the bread with another bread and apply some butter on it.
- Place the bread in the
- Serve it hot with chutney and ketchup.
15 Banana Nutella Sandwich
Hey chocolate lover! Now it’s your time to have a sandwich that contains your all-time favorite “Nutella.” A sandwich containing Nutella with banana.Just require four ingredients, and it gets ready in 15 minutes. So the recipe for this is:
- Some slices of white bread
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 3-4 tbsp vegan Nutella
- Sliced bananas
You can add 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon, ½ tsp coconut sugar, sliced strawberries, and some salted peanut butter.
- Heat a skillet on the medium flame.
- While skillet gets heat up, take two bread slices and put Nutella on one side of each bread.
- Place sliced bananas on the one bread and cover it over another Nutella applied bread over it.
- Make many sandwiches like this.
- Now your skillet got hot, place the sandwich and grill it for 2-4 minutes or until it becomes crispy or golden brown.
- Slice it in half and serve it hot with homemade almond milk.
16 Fried Egg Sandwich
A sandwich with egg fried. The best choice for breakfast. Just get ready in 20 minutes.
- Chipotle in adobo sauce
- Sourdough bread
- Cheddar cheese
- Unsalted butter
- Mix ketchup and chipotle and spread evenly over the bread.
- Place cheese between bread in such a way that the edges hangover the sides of the bread.
- Heat skillet on the medium flame.
- Apply butter on the side of bread and place this side on the heated skillet.
- Press the bread so that it become crispy and golden brown in color and cheese start getting melt.
- Place butter on another side and flip it on the skillet and cook until golden brown for about 3-4 minutes.
- Remove it from pan and hold it.
- Meanwhile in pan, cook bacon over the medium heat until it becomes a little crispy.
- Flip the bacon over the other to give it a shape of square.
- Crack the egg on top of the bacon, and cook until egg is set for about 5 minutes.
- Open the sandwich and slide it in the egg and bacon.
- Close and serve it.
17 Croutons For Soup And Salads
Croutons can make any boring soup and salad very delicious. Ever seen something crispy and tasty in the soup? These are croutons. They are very easy to make and get ready in 20 minutes.
- Large white bread slices
- Oil for deep frying
- Cut the bread slices into small cubes.
- Heat the oil in a pan, put bread cubes into it, and deep fry them until they become golden brown.
- Drain extra oil on an absorbent paper.
- Serve it by sprinkling it with some spices to make it a little tangy.
18 Grilled Cheese Sandwich And Tomato Soup
A cheesy grill bread served with tomato soup. Best choice for dinner as well as breakfast.
- Fat cream cheese
- Dried basil
- Italian sourdough
- Mozzarella cheese
- Tomato paste
- Chopped garlic cloves
- Shredded Italian Cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- In a bowl, combine cream cheese and basil and blend it. Spread this over the bread slices.
- Top with mozzarella cheese and cover it with another bread slice and apply butter over it.
- Arrange all sandwiches in a greased baking dish.
- In a saucepan, add tomato paste, salt, garlic, basil, and pepper. Cook it over the medium flame for a minute.
- Gradually whisk in milk and boil it over medium flame until it get thicken and then remove it.
- In a bowl whisk the eggs, gradually in it add milk and again whisk it.
- Stir in remaining milk, and pour over the sandwiches.
- Sprinkle Italian cheese blend over the sandwiches.
- Bake the sandwiches for about 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve it after letting it stand for 10 minutes.
19 Bread Fish Fillets
This snack is a homemade version of popular fish-sticks that all will love to eat. It is healthier, cheaper, and tastier.
- 360 gms tilapia fillets
- Pinch of salt
- Ground pepper
- 16 gms white flour
- 1 large size egg
- 2 tbsp bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ lemon
- Make the fish fillets. Pat-dry and cut them length wise into 2 pieces. Season with pepper and salt.
- Prepare 3 plates; one for bread crumbs, second for beaten eggs, and last for the flour.
- Dip the fish into the flour and then into the egg.
- Drip off the excess egg and then coat it with bread crumbs from both sides.
- Heat the little oil in skillet over the medium heat.
- Cook the fish for about 3-5 minutes from both side till bread crumbs gets golden brown in color.
- Add pepper and salt for more taste and serve it hot.
20 Corn Capsicum Sandwich
Generally, people do not like to eat capsicum, and many of them don’t like corn too. So, for them it is a sandwich which is not only healthy but tasty too.
- Boiled sweet corn
- Finely chopped bell pepper/ capsicum
- Crushed black pepper
- Chopped parsley leaves
- Coriander leaves, chopped
- Grated Cheese
- Bread Slices
- Salt to taste
- In a bowl, combine boiled sweet corn, capsicum, black pepper to taste, parsley leaves, coriander, and salt.
- Apply butter on bread slices.
- Spread the corn capsicum mixture over the bread slices and cover it another buttered bread slice.
- Place the sandwich in already heated sandwich maker.
- Cook it for 5 minutes, till sandwich becomes golden in color and crispy.
- Remove and cut it into triangles.
- Serve it hot with chutney and sauce.